New in PA

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I don't even have my chickens yet, getting them Monday. So I'm not one to offer advice.
smile.png
However, I just posted a question in the coop design section about vents vs. drafts.......I'm reading so much info here it's starting to make me a little crazy. I'm all about sharing pics though, so as soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll be sharing photos.

It seems like from all I'm reading on here that chickens are much hardier in cold weather than I anticipated.

Hi and welcome to BYC. I am new and from PA too, near Harrisburg. I am setting some eggs on monday so maybe we can get through this together :)

Quote:
I'm from Hershey originally, so I know that area like the back of my hand. we defintily need to stay on touch this upcoming winter. Good luck!

Quote:
I don't even have my chickens yet, getting them Monday. So I'm not one to offer advice.
smile.png
However, I just posted a question in the coop design section about vents vs. drafts.......I'm reading so much info here it's starting to make me a little crazy. I'm all about sharing pics though, so as soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll be sharing photos.

It seems like from all I'm reading on here that chickens are much hardier in cold weather than I anticipated.

I know, my head is spinning. Some say they never let their chickens out of the coop during the winter. Others say they let them out everyday, other then below zero temps. My coop is constructed from 3/4" plywood, with no insulation. I have seen coops in the northern states where they have no heat source other than the birds themselves. Just not sure. Hopefully some of the more experienced chicken peeps can help us out.

Back
Top Bottom