New Irish pup!!!

Ok she just emailed me back and said this is the last female in the current litter. Sadly it has more white on the face than what i wanted. Not sure if i should just take this puppy cause it is a good deal only $350 for females and $300 for males or wait..they do have another litter but i think the prices will go back up.
hu.gif
Here is the pic of the last female pup...let me know what you guys think.

63412_newpup.jpg

I would go for it if it was me (especially if she has a good temperment & you like the parents' looks), b/c she's gorgeous & at a great price. If you're wanting to breed, since your male looks solid red the puppies probably won't have too much white on them. And even then, they still wouldn't be disqualified or penalized if their owners wanted to show them.

If it were me, I would wait.

This female has a lot more white on her than is 'allowed' per the AKC Standard. So much so, that you have pointed it out. The standard reads:

Color
Mahogany or rich chestnut red with no black. A small amount of white on chest, throat or toes, or a narrow centered streak on skull is not to be penalized.

It's been a number of years since my house was owned by an Irish Setter but I still show my friend's dogs every once in a while, so I do pay attention to them.

You can get a lot of good information from www.irishsetterclub.org

Just MHO!

Thanks for the info! Was a bummer though i past up on the little girl
hit.gif
. I breed rabbits and im a firm beleive in breeding to improve. She doesnt met the breed standard and I am not familiar with irish setter genetics to know if the faults could be passed on to any off spring. i also checked the standard for the red and white irsh setters and it didnt meet there standard either because there base coats should be white. I did see a photo of the mothers of the litters and they were both very nice but i havent see the father. i did ask about there other litter they had that was still really young to see what they had.
fl.gif
So if they have a little girl in that litter that meets the standard I will just have to wait for them to become of age.
fl.gif
Thanks for your help with this! I will let you know what information i get from the breeder and what pictures i get!

Not sure if I would buy from a breeder who was just trying to put pups on the ground and not attempting to breeding to improve the breed. Just my opinion.

If I was looking for an Irish Setter, I would "hunt" down a breeder that is producing dogs that LOOK and act like Irish Setters... I would not purchase any of those puppies pictured as they do not represent the breed well IMO.

All I can say is. I LOVE PUPPIES and dogs of any age. and cats and chickens and.... well you get the idea. Pictures ard so cute
love.gif

I quite honestly didn't even know setters could have white on them. family and friends that have bred and showed always strived to have the best quality dogs and to improve upon their stock. I think I would have passed on that female and look elsewhere for a breeder. if that pup is full or half sibling or somehow related then the stock may not be so good.

Im ganna look into the lines and see. Also wanting to see the father. Than before i agree to buy a pup i will have to check them out in person. I would like to figure out how to get information on local dog shows to see if maybe I can check into a breeder that way. Plus I am interested in possible showing down the road. Might be fun and its always nice to meet new people. These pups looked different than my mothers last little (hunter was the sire) but i just figured it was cause the pics were taken by a phone and contact was all through email. Im very picky when it comes to getting new animals and though they are cute the most inportant thing is health and I know sometimes you can get great animals from small breeders so Im just ganna keep my eye out and study on what to look for so will know when i find the right pup. Im trin to find some pics of hunter's last litter and i will post them on here cause i'd like to find a pup that looks as nice as they did.

Pics of my mother last littler of irish setter: father is the sire and the mother was from australian show lines (sadie is here name)
63412_puppy2.jpg

63412_puppy1.jpg

These pups were beautiful!
Does anyone happen to know of any irish setter breeders around kansas? My mom is checking with another breeder back home in Michigan for me also.

Back
Top Bottom