New Irish pup!!!

There isnt one that i have found yet but i know there is an awesome one for Bernese Mountain Dogs too. They use bernergaurd.org. It was great for when I had my berner i could track everything! Im ganna look into seeing what all i can find out from hunters pedigree. As far as im aware there isnt any problems.

Quote:
What a beautiful dog!!!
love.gif
' We have a 90 pound lap dog ( golden retriever ) clould you please tell me more about the Irish Setter breed? I have read about them in books, but I want to get information from an owner.

Quote:
I don't know if this dog is registered by the AKC, but, there is an irish red and white setter. If it were me, I would totally get that dog. Registered or not!

the pups are 4 weeks now..getting excited!! Havent confirmed that i have been approved to get one yet but im still overjoyed!!

With the irish red and white setter they have a white base coat and the irish setter has a red based coats. Those pups were papered but i decided to wait. Found a fantastic breeder in Kansas city. And after talking with her and a vet/irish setter breeder i have decided that show quality is not that high on the list. I want a pup tht i can breed once and than get neutered. But i wanna make sure that if i do breed i am breeding quality pups that fit the standard and dont have health issues. Im ganna pick a pup based on the rec. qualities for a good search and rescue dog.

•Look for a dog that is eager to please. Although you are picking your dog from a roomful of puppies who are probably not trained yet, look for a puppy that seems sociable and quickly responds to your voice and presence.

•
Choose a dog with a strong play or hunt instinct. This instinct is typically found among dog breeds that fall into the classifications of working, herding or sporting. These dogs also will typically have good agility, which will help them to navigate in the woods.

I love this breed! My mother raised them and had them as a child so i guess they kinda grew on me. The are lovable goof balls who are loyal to family. My dog hunter is by myside almost all the time but he still watches over the kids and the livestock. Infact we had two goat wonder onto our farm and him and i tried to track them down with not much luck but hunter did save me from a snack. There was a good sized rat snack in the barn and i almost stepped on it. hunter pointed it out that started barking. He plays great with my kids. He will kinda mouth them but never bites and is very careful not to get to rough with them. Here is a good website tha tells you all about the breed.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishsetter.htm

I love my pup and could jsut go on and on about how great he is. But i think the best way to describe an irish setter is devoted lovable goofballs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom