New Irish pup!!!

kbhear80

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
chapman, kansas
i got my husband to break down and let me get a new irish setter pup!
celebrate.gif
We have a male right now and I have been hunting around for another one but there arent that many breeders around the state. infact I have only found one. SUPER EXCITED! Had to post about it cause im just that excited!! Need to come up with names! Here is a pick of my baby Hunter. He is four almost five years old. Fantastic dog, he is at my side almost all day and does great with the goats, chickens, rabbits and cows (just doesnt like the cat). I know it odd for a hunting breed but he has been around the farm animals for along time and is just out to please his owners. Very loving and FANTASTIC varmit hunting dog.
fl.gif
Im trin to talk my husband into letting me get two pups
bow.gif

love.gif
my big puppy
63412_waterfall_344.jpg

63412_kansas_9637.jpg

Last edited:
Hunter's so handsome. Our oldest weimaraner, who's a silver-gray, is named Hunter, too
smile.png
I bet you can't wait until you get the new baby (or two
wink.png
)

i love weim.'s they are so pretty and well tempered. I am adding snake hunter to hunter list now. There is about a 4 foot snal that got to close to the area where both and kids are at that hunt tracked down. The thing was BIG. If my camera battery wasnt dead i would of taken a picture.

When I was growing up my dream dog was either an irish setter or a weim. Weims ended up winning out because DF wanted a lab, so I compromised & went with weims
smile.png
I think it's that sporting dog mentality. They're great snake hunters. Our oldest female, Emma, barks like crazy if a snake comes in our yard when she's outside. Our youngest boy, Remy, loves to hunt lizards
lol.png
He's a master at tracking lizards & then he just stands there pointing & barking at them. BTW, I love that first picture of Hunter. I have a picture of Remy that's almost exactly the same with him sitting down staring off at the water.
59572_shells_pics_041.jpg

Hunter is a handsome boy, definitely post your puppy pics! I love Irish setters, they are so gorgeous. And good varmint hunters, you say? Hmmmmm. . . my husband hates dogs with every fiber of his being, but if it would hunt with him, maybe it could earn its keep in his eyes. . .

Hunter is bred for hunting but he is really good with the livestock (i think cause he was raised around it). When we go for walk you know when he picked up a sent..he stops, start sniffing and his tail straighten's out. They are great hunting dogs if your husband likes to hunt. Hardest part is finding them. I got lucky with Hunter cause my mother raised them back home in michigan. Hunter became so attached to the kids and my mom let us have him. But eventually i'd like to breed and give her a puppy back cause she is down to only one irish setter and she is getting older (someone hit our beloved ruby and never stopped...my little brother found her at the end of the drive...its was horrible). These dogs are great family dogs..hunter is by my side all the time and is very attached but he LOVES my kids. Its funny to watch my son who is 8 wreslte with hunter on the floor. He is very careful not to play to rough (he used to get a little rough with him but as he got older he learned the boundry of rough and too rough as most dogs do).

In the 1st pic of hunter we all went swiming and took him with us. He did great but kinda paniced cause he could keep watch all three kids and me. He was the baysitter.

i LOVE that pic of you dog on the beach! he is beautiful!

here is pic the breeder emailed me. they took it from there phone. its one of the males and one female. I asked for a female with no red on the face..only on the chest and feet if any. The breeder has another little just born so he is giving me a great deal on the pups! Normally you pay at least $500 for a pup and they are dropped the price by a bunch so that these pups go to homes before the new little is old enough.
63412_153.jpg

IM SO EXCITED..maybe ill go this weekend im hoping!! My kids dont know about it yet...ganna surprise them.

Those are two cute puppies
love.gif
love.gif
The female is the one on the right? My mother & grandmother are breeders, too. They've bred toy poodles for over 50 years combined. I think that's why I wanted a large breed hunting dog so bad. When I got our second weim, Remy, my mom fell in love with larger breeds, so she decided she wanted to do standard poodles, too. So, now, we have a 10 week old black standard poodle puppy that we co-own with her. Puppies that age are so much fun & so sweet. So, I know ya'll will have a lot of fun with her. Do the breeders do videos of the puppies? I know a lot have started posting videos of puppies on Youtube. I usually take the pics of my mom's puppies & do puppy updates, & one of their last litters (& our litter of weims) I did videos almost every wk & sent the link to buyers.

Remy was actually on a little sand bar that was in our pond. We had it fixed, but it was very beachy looking.

Back
Top Bottom