what’s wrong with my pup?

A lot of puppies are given shots at a very young age, which in turn does not do a ton since they cannot build up immune systems when they are that little, but either way, the usual vaccines that puppies receive do not mean they cannot get fleas or worms. How did you check for fleas? Fleas are very hard to find, and you usually need a flea comb in order to find them. How does her skin look if you part some hair?
i gave her a bath and patted her hair while my sister held the light for like 10 min? i didn’t SEE any but i really haven’t dealt with fleas before.

How about a little wash with some vinegar and baking soda to rinse off. The vinegar is acidic, fleas hate that and the baking soda dries and burns them. Plus both helps with itching. For us to. I also use this regularly on my dog and cat. But wash them with an organic liquid soap then rub in some oil, examples, olive oil or coconut oil.
If you mix baking soda and vinegar you are basically just making salt water.

I would think it's more likely allergies, not worms. Could be environmental or food. Have you added anything to her diet recently? Maybe something in her evening meal that might be causing the night scratches? New treats?
not really, i just put them in a new kind of food but just plain dog food. she about 18 pounds and she’s four months, so i was just worried too maybe that’s not heavy enough? she was the runt of her litter though. i only say worms because of her puking.

How about a little wash with some vinegar and baking soda to rinse off. The vinegar is acidic, fleas hate that and the baking soda dries and burns them. Plus both helps with itching. For us to. I also use this regularly on my dog and cat. But wash them with an organic liquid soap then rub in some oil, examples, olive oil or coconut oil.
i’ll try that tonight!! the more and more i think i’m not sure if it actually is worms. i’m thinking maybe fleas? i’m not 100% sure though

not really, i just put them in a new kind of food but just plain dog food. she about 18 pounds and she’s four months, so i was just worried too maybe that’s not heavy enough? she was the runt of her litter though. i only say worms because of her puking.
Do you have any natural yogurt? Especially goat . No sugar what so ever they won't work. About half a teaspoon

So you did switch her food? Try switching her back to the old food and see if that helps reduce the itching. There could be something in the new food that she is allergic to. The vomit could be related to an allergy as well. It could also be completely unrelated. If she has only vomited one time and there was no blood, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Dogs vomit sometimes, especially puppies that are exploring the world with their mouths.

She doesn't look underweight in the photo. She may just be on the small side.

So you did switch her food? Try switching her back to the old food and see if that helps reduce the itching. There could be something in the new food that she is allergic to. The vomit could be related to an allergy as well. It could also be completely unrelated. If she has only vomited one time and there was no blood, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Dogs vomit sometimes, especially puppies that are exploring the world with their mouths.

She doesn't look underweight in the photo. She may just be on the small side.
okay thank you so much you all have definitely made me feel a lot better

Back
Top Bottom