New Jersey

Hey guys!

Just figured I'd put it out there. I'm always keeping my eyes open for turkens and EEs. Next year I will probably buy a batch from a hatchery, but figured I'd let ya'll know in case one of you know a source for older birds of this breed. The EE's I had were old and not laying, but I really miss the colored eggs. Right now I have around 25 chickens and they are still a bit too young to lay!

I'm located in Northern New Jersey.I prefer pullets or hens only as roosters would have to be rehomed. I already have quite a few! (It's a shame I can't keep more without them bothering the hens. I LOVE roosters!

Where are you in North Jersey? If you're interested, I have a pair of pullets that are free to a good home. One pullet is an Easter Egger Bantam, the other is a Salmon Faverolle pullet. They get along well. I would drop them off. I'm afraid they must go together. They are from a hatchery. The EE is black with gold neck markings and diamonds on her chest. She is very sweet. They are 3 months and two weeks old.

Thanks for the offer shadow rabbit! Is the faverolle a standard or a bantam? I will actually be heading that way the second weekend in October. I know that's about a month away, but if you still have them by then I could try and make plans to swing by. I would be driving back up north October 15th, which is a monday. By no means do you have to hold them for me or anything, but you can certainly keep me open as an option! I'm almost two hours away in Warren county so I would hate to ask you to drive that far. I will also be at the sussex county poultry show on October 20th!

Do you have any pictures of the two birds?

The Faverolle is standard. I do have pics of them, but I can't post pics from my iPad so I will post them tommorow. October is a bit long to wait, they need to go very soon. I might be able to deliver them of you're interested. I will let you know tommorow.

sorry should say first I'm born and raised in NJ. in hunterdon county. i now live in upper black eddy just 5 min from the states boarder. I've live in Milford, frenchtown, kindwood, seargentsville, stuartsville, Glen gardner, and glassbourough(spelled wrong). i had all polity when i was little( chicken ducks geese), i lived on a show goat farm. now just me and my older sister have chickens.

do i need to insulate my coop for winter? or any other methods for winter housing a begginer should know?
I don't insulate the coop or provide extra heat or light....my chix do very well so long as they are out of drafts...I have an 8" layer of straw on one side of the coop and in the winter they tend to hunker down in it in groups....temp of the coop is at least 5 degrees warmer than outside...I do however Vasoline their combs, earlobes and wattles...and sometimes their feet

Where are you in North Jersey? If you're interested, I have a pair of pullets that are free to a good home. One pullet is an Easter Egger Bantam, the other is a Salmon Faverolle pullet. They get along well. I would drop them off. I'm afraid they must go together. They are from a hatchery. The EE is black with gold neck markings and diamonds on her chest. She is very sweet. They are 3 months and two weeks old.
Shadowrabbit, if Chickerdoodle can't take them I can drive up from south NJ for them...I am right off the parkway in south NJ or we could meet half way if you like I think the rest stop by Atlantic City is about half way

Back
Top Bottom