New Jersey

My Polish are very skittish too. And she does the same thing with the freaking out! She will scream when she is alone! I brought my rabbits inside the house in travel cages today. They are too sensitive and their hutches are too weak for the storm. Lucky for me, my house is elevated 3 feet more than most of the other houses in the neighborhood,and its made of cinder blocks, so it's very structurally safe.

Hopefully we'll be fine. If you do happen to flood and need help with your pets, let me know. I'll keep checking here. I can always bring your pets either to my house or to the vet hospital I work in.

Thank you for the offer,they should be fine though. Our house is not in the flood zone, and if anything floods, it will be the streets. I'll have to go out in a kayak for Halloween!

So, I woke up this morning to a surprise... Besides the fact that it sounded like someone was dumping buckets of water on my windows, my mom came in my room and showed me this:

It was found on the floor of the coop under the roost. It is a small, pink egg. I believe it was laid, surprisingly, by our silkie. I noticed she has been squatting, making a ton of noise, and acting weird lately although people said she looks like a cockerel. I am so excited! My first egg ever!

So, I woke up this morning to a surprise... Besides the fact that it sounded like someone was dumping buckets of water on my windows, my mom came in my room and showed me this:

It was found on the floor of the coop under the roost. It is a small, pink egg. I believe it was laid, surprisingly, by our silkie. I noticed she has been squatting, making a ton of noise, and acting weird lately although people said she looks like a cockerel. I am so excited! My first egg ever!

Yay! First egg. I guess you'll always remember what day you got the first egg, lol.

Yay! First egg. I guess you'll always remember what day you got the first egg, lol.
I know, she couldn't have picked a better day to lay it! Now the question is, should I eat it, or blow it out and preserve it? Hmmm...

So, a just took a drive down to the beach with my mom and the waves, wind, and beach were CRAZY!!! The town next to me already has some flooding, the docks are nearly underwater, and there is no beach! The waves are flowing over the dunes! Stay safe everyone, it's starting to get crazy here!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I hope all are safe after Sandy ripped through!

I live in Branchville NJ (near the Sussex County Fairgrounds) and other than some big trees down and a fence, we are in pretty good shape. No power yet, so no water either - but my neighbor has water and I have a creek that we're using for animal watering.

If anyone has been evacuated and needs to park chickens (or other animals for that matter), I have a farm with a large empty dairy barn as well as a horse barn. All my stalls are currently full, but a temporary chicken run, crates, or cages would certainly work fine in the barn.

Message me if you need a temporary home for any displaced pets, and wishing you all the best as you recover.

No power here in Jackson still. No Internet either, I am able to get on with my iPhone when service cooperates. Having to run generator constantly for the one week old baby chicks. Spent an hour on line last night for gas. No school and my middle son is running high fevers, his norm. Highest was 105.8. Ugh of all times. My husband has been at work almost constantly and I tired of babysitting neighborhood kids just because we have Xbox. Thank you for letting me whine. On a better note, coop protected girls well and they have even given me six eggs a day. How have the rest of you made out?

Hi all I am in rockland county ny, I have power back now and I have family with businesses in north jersey. If you need a place to go or just a power supply for chargers etc email me at [email protected]. We have a business in totowa and one in haledon if you want to stop by you can plug in :) grab a coffee .

I hope you all are safe and my prayers are with you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom