New Jersey

Thank you. That's the only thing I could think of also. His litter box did have pellets, since I just changed it on Wednesday, but maybe not too little enough to make me realize. The two little boys didn't even realize it this morning as they where playing in the room. I quickly shuffled them out and was just so sad. Was I doing something not right? The boys are asking if they can get another, but I can't have this happen again.

Thank you. That's the only thing I could think of also. His litter box did have pellets, since I just changed it on Wednesday, but maybe not too little enough to make me realize. The two little boys didn't even realize it this morning as they where playing in the room. I quickly shuffled them out and was just so sad. Was I doing something not right? The boys are asking if they can get another, but I can't have this happen again.

This problem is caused by a diet issue. Did he have plenty of greens and hay to eat? Pellets aren't as nearly important as these things. Was he getting plenty of exercise?

I don't think it was the food end. He always had plenty fresh stuff (veggies n fruit & not iceberg lett) it had to be exercise. He was out everyday, but I guess not enough. He would free range up in the playroom, always supervised. How do those rabbits do it in those little outdoor hutches? I feel terrible.

I don't think it was the food end. He always had plenty fresh stuff (veggies n fruit & not iceberg lett) it had to be exercise. He was out everyday, but I guess not enough. He would free range up in the playroom, always supervised. How do those rabbits do it in those little outdoor hutches? I feel terrible.

My rabbits are in outdoor hutches, it i let them play in an enclosed area in my yard. Hmm... It sounds like you were doing everything right, so it could have been just a random thing. Sometimes it happens for no reason and I think that's what happened with my rabbit and yours.

Oh no!!! I just saw this. I'm so sorry for you and the boys :( I think it was probably GI stasis too. Do you think he may have eaten something from the playroom floor while he was out roaming around? Did you happen to notice if the pellets that were in her litter box were normal looking or smaller and dryer?

I thought about something foreign also. He did have his toys and his chew tubes, but that is always a possibility. His pellets looked normal the only other thing that stands out was several days earlier my husband was holding him and said he thought he grew a lot. I said I didn't think so. He did eat the days following, but maybe he was bloated? He also smelled when I found him, and he never does. His cage was always clean, and he was litter trained. My oldest locked him up yesterday about 2:30 when we went out he passed that night. Thanks everyone. A hard lesson for all of us.

I thought about something foreign also. He did have his toys and his chew tubes, but that is always a possibility. His pellets looked normal the only other thing that stands out was several days earlier my husband was holding him and said he thought he grew a lot. I said I didn't think so. He did eat the days following, but maybe he was bloated? He also smelled when I found him, and he never does. His cage was always clean, and he was litter trained. My oldest locked him up yesterday about 2:30 when we went out he passed that night. Thanks everyone. A hard lesson for all of us.

About your pellets... You don't feed him ManaPro do you?

No, I buy purina rabbit chow I believe, from Tractor supply. I found one I'm going to look at this week for the boys. Tomorrow or Tuesday. Until then I'm going to read up on GI stasis and think of moving the cage downstairs in the front room.

ok. However. I will warn all you rabbit owners in case:
There was a recent recall on ManaPro rabbit chow, and Guinea Pig chow. This feed contained 10X the amount of a certain ingredient (which one I do not remember), and killed a good number of my friend's Guinea Pigs and some of her rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom