New Jersey

Hey I'm on the jersey shore right by long beach island People look at me funny when my girls are in the front yard, some people don't even know what they are. That's really sad!!

Ever take a chicken to the beach? It's quite a site. lol

I'm in Jersey!!! I'm in North Plainfield--at the crux of Somerset, Union and Middlesex counties (seriously, we touch every one of them). It's about an hour outside of NYC by bus/train.

We actually have chickens here and there because alot of the latino immigrants keep them. So people around here know what chickens ARE, but they find it odd that I'm not a latino, don't live in a high latino area, and would consider keeping chickens.
old.gif

Southern NJ here, Camden county near Burlington County.

I raise goats but my mom has chickens. We have some newly hatched chicks - there were 10 but one died
sad.png

We have been to cowtown that is a cool rodeo. We saw it on TV the other day!

Wow! I didn't expect so many Jersey folks, particularly not those of you in Central & Norther Jersey! I'm in NY now (upstate) but grew up in Red Bank (Monmouth County, 40 minute bike ride in from Sandy Hook)!
smile.png
And though I'll probably never move home, will *always* be a Jersey Shore girl (minus the hair
big_smile.png
)...
smile.png
(see the .sig in fact
big_smile.png
)

*waves to all the Jersey Shore crowd*

I go to Stockton College right now, so I'm half north jersey, half south! LOL. It's definitely way different down here than up there. I'm still not particularly fond of NJ, but it is a neat place to live.

Hey New Jersey Friends...

Since you live in New Jersey...any of you know the famous Cy Hyde? He raises longtails. I have his BEST strain of birds right now, a TRIO. I have pictures of them on my website.
wink.png

Hi. I'm in Mullica Hill, South Harrison Township, southern Gloucester county.
It's nice to see that others here in NJ have the chicken disease.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom