New Jersey

South Jersey Lanoka Harbor,

Caught the Chicken fever about 8 months ago and doing just fine with my five girls,
1 Polish mix, 1 Lakenvelder, 1 mix?, and 2 RIR's

I am basically a Vegetarian, will only eat my own home grown (2 so far) chickens and I eat my eggs.

I figured I saved at least 1000 production birds in my life,
to set the record straight I have nothing against having home grown chickens for dinner.

frow.gif

Last edited:
Hey Jersey Folk-down here in good ole Milmay -2 bars and a flashing light--that's the town. Quite a few folks around here with chickens. You can usually here the roos early in the a.m.
lol.png

Thanks CL. BJ roo has been back with me since last July, along with a hen friend Annie. BJ roo is at least 7 and Annie is maybe only 18 months.......They are doing very well. It is very very difficult with my schedule but I've been doing my best to spend time with them and give them free range time. They are living like a king and queen! I have an insulated coop to try to keep BJ's crowing under wraps until a decent hour (will be more difficult in nice weather when everyone has their windows open....), and generally he doesn't crow in the daytime EXCEPT if he thinks it's a particularly gorgeous day, and then he proclaims this to the world! If I'm home I distract him at that point, for the neighbors sake, even though I enjoy listening to him very much. I know he feels happy and strong when he's crowing and it is very reassuring - I wish I could let him express himself to his heart's content!! Buthopefully the measures I'm taking will keep the neighbors happy and protect his residency. I never intended to have chickens where I live right now but with that other home falling through I am improvising!
fl.gif

JJ

I know this is a year-old thread, but it was the first one I saw from NJ. I was pointed to this forum (unfortunately) by some friends who are having chicken problems...

Howdy

Welcome Samual!!

What part of Jersey are you from? There's not a ton of us here, but there are a few.
big_smile.png

Do you have chickens yourself, or are you trying to help out your friends? I have been blessed to have chickens for a year now. I have learned a ton!!!! and am loving it!!
love.gif

~Feather Dust

With all the new BYC members there must be some new New Jersians here!!! Where are you???
Jackson NJ here, Gateway to the Jersey Shore (and don't forget Great Adventure!)!
frow.gif

Hey there!

Southern New Jersey here! Tuckerton area.

I have bantam cochins, silkies and some layers. Also Lahore pigeons.

Good to see so many NJ chicken people!

Take Care,
Bill.

Back
Top Bottom