New Jersey

i brought some of mine in the AC if they looked real bad but i have large fans in my barns and smaller cage fans for my breeder pens and it helped! if your birds look very very hot the fastest way to cool them down is to dip their feet in cold water right away! hope this helps!!

The heat wave supposedly ends with this thunderstorm- luckily I have not had any problems with heat! My coop is under our deck, and is well ventilated. But my chicks only stay in it for part of the day- their brooder is in our garage, where it's nice and cool. Hope this storm helps with everyone else who is having issues.

So glad most are doing well
smile.png
... Mine are too thank the good Lord.

Would anyone like to have some (or one) Delaware cockerals? I have some from my last hatch that are around 5 weeks old. The parents are from my flock and the roosters are gorgeous!
smile.png

How are all the Jerseyans doing?

Better now the heat has cooled a bit. Yesterday we got hit with a lot of rain. I was at physical therapy for my shoulder and when I got home at 7:30 I went straight to the back to lock all the chicks/chickens up. I couldn't believe how flooded my yard was. We got something like 5 inches of rain. I lost three chicks, had to bring the rest inside the shed till the morning. They where so wet and cold. I put the heat lamp on them. Had to move my grow out coop to higher ground. What a mess. The pool was overflowing also. Crazy weather.

Ducks and chickens get along fine unless they are cramped in a small cage and in that case even chickens dont get along with chickens. I grew up on a farm where we had 30 ducks and 30 chickens of all kinds and never had problems. The mommas will take care of the young until they can fend for them selves. They will figure out the pecking order and then there is peace.

Back
Top Bottom