New Jersey

Pics
Just a few is fine we are going to have the 4-h kiddos cycling through the day with there birds so I think we should be good with that. That way too if it does rain and we have to move into the smaller office ( which is still plenty big ) then it will be easier. I have put up fliers and I am sending out press releases. Also we have partnered up with the 4-h. Doing a lot of promo through them. We are also going to offer a discount for 4-h members and their families no matter what 4-h group they belong to. I think it is a good way to get some more local kids exposed to it. Medford is kinda lame about signs outside so i will put one on our tiny sign but that is about all I can do there. Trying to spread the word through local moms groups and garden clubs as well. Any other group outreach ideas?

YAY FOR ANTI_PROCRASTINATION!!!

Chick Chat invite/info is up in the meet-up forum! CH-Ch-check it out and let me know what you think!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Using the 4-H is good - they'll likely be long-term customers. Make sure they tell all the kids at their school. Have the moms talk it up at the PTA meetings - they can mention the discount. Too bad Medford is such a PITA about signs. Definitely put a lot up around the store - all over! I know when I hit the Agway I usually only go to certain aisles. How' bout the local library? They usually have a community board - make sure you ask at the desk first, though. Also, the Chamber of Commerce Office, and maybe the township offices - you know, like the zoning board, etc. They are usually in one building and may have a bulletin board. Have them put a couple in their employee lounges. Also, ask the CofC where to put them - there are a lot more places that people don't think about - you never know who you'll reach. There are a lot of would-be chicken lovers out there!

I am from Middlesex County.. Old Bridge.. I have 12 Welsummers....I am so glad I found this thread.. Haven't read thru all the posts.... but hope I can find someone from My area....my girls have just started laying those beautiful terra cotta eggs.. so I guess you can say I am new to chickens and love every minute of it
smile.png

Quote:
Don't count Gloucester County out! Mullica Hill area here and Leree I'd love to come to your event! If you go with the 26th I can make it, coming back from a Florida trip on the 22nd. I'd love to connect with some other chicken crazies.

Thanks for your interest. I am sad to say the event is going to be on the 19th of march ( yea I know, i am going to do the whole "official" post soon!
idunno.gif
) However, I am hoping we can turn it into an event that we have a few times a year. If enough peeps come then it will be easier to persuade the 'rents to go with it!
tongue.png

Bummer.
sad.png
I'm gonna be in Florida then, but the hubby and the boys will go with their birds with our Fancy Feathers 4-H Club. Make sure you advertise in Murphy's and Shoprite too!

Back
Top Bottom