New Jersey

Well, my little stray chicken that i've already grown attached to over the past two days is a cockerel. :( I would LOVE to have a roo but I can't in my town. I'm only allowed to have 4 and i'm already over my limit by 3 including him. I'm nervous to annoy the neighbors. I've never had to deal with this before. Does want a young (I think about 4 month) EE named Cookie?
Hey there, llandry! I haven't been on the forum in a while either. My friend told me someone in Point Pleasant found a stray EE... Guess it was you? Haha. Although I live very close to you, I can tell you it's not mine... Hopefully you find his owner or someone to take him... He's a pretty boy!

I will say this lightly as i am very upset. We recently purchased new birds. We have never quarantined as we didnt know how. From now on we will always quarantine. Every bird we got was infected with cocci and spread it to our flock. Im almost crying because i lost my favorite pullet rose. One of our EE puffins eyes are swollen shut. We are treating our whole flock. But i am just so mad that we may lose more!

I will say this lightly as i am very upset. We recently purchased new birds. We have never quarantined as we didnt know how. From now on we will always quarantine. Every bird we got was infected with cocci and spread it to our flock. Im almost crying because i lost my favorite pullet rose. One of our EE puffins eyes are swollen shut. We are treating our whole flock. But i am just so mad that we may lose more!

:-(
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that!

Hey. I'm in brick as well near the reservoir have a couple barred rocks buff orph, and silkie x white crested black polish mixes I hatched the mixes 2 of 3 were cockerels down to one Cockerel He hasn't started crowing yet but will have to go when he does. I am also hatching 4 red sex link eggs from mcmurry although I believe only 2 eggs are good at this point. Seems there are a few back yard chickens in brick!

Well I'm not in Brick :-( but I'm just south of Tom's River and only about a half hour down the parkway from Brick. So YAY for local chicken lovers :)

Unfortunately, this is one of those "life lessons" that almost everyone has suffered through. I didn't quarantine in the past because I thought it was being paranoid, until I suffered losses as a result. Same for making sure I hit everyone with Frontline on returning from a show.

Are there any questions we can answer now regarding quarantine in the future, to help prevent this from happening again?

Not sure if this is the best thread for this.
I am looking to add a few oddballs to my flock including a naked neck and a jersey giant. I figure everyone in Jersey should have one Jersey Giant. lol
Are there any shows left in the Mid Atlantic area this year?
Where can I go to find some birds within a few hours of Buena, NJ (we are halfway point from Philly to AC). So im looking at MD, DE, E. PA and all of NJ.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this.
I am looking to add a few oddballs to my flock including a naked neck and a jersey giant. I figure everyone in Jersey should have one Jersey Giant. lol
Are there any shows left in the Mid Atlantic area this year?
Where can I go to find some birds within a few hours of Buena, NJ (we are halfway point from Philly to AC). So im looking at MD, DE, E. PA and all of NJ.

Show season doesn't start until next month. The closest show to you, in DE, is not until March. The only NJ show is on Oct. 18, in Augusta, NJ. Check out PoultryShowCentral.com for all show dates.

Back
Top Bottom