New Jersey

Hello New Jersey! Happy Holidays!

I have 9 Silkie pullets and 1 cockerel that I would like to find good homes. They're all 8 months old and are free on a first come first serve basis with the caveat that whomever takes them would promise not to eat them. These cute little guys are pets not livestock to me. All nine pullets are laying eggs. The roo is very watchful and only crows a little bit - usually when large birds are flying overhead. Two of the hens went broody last week and one more decided that looked fun this week (Miss Independence, Shadow Grifter (now called Chocolatte), and Your Greyness). That or they just really don't like the cold and the snow. 🥶 Before they went broody, I was getting 5-7 eggs/day and am getting 3-4 now from the others. They lay small cream colored eggs.

If you want to see pictures, please go to my previous thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-help-identifying-the-gender-of-my-silkies.1417829/

They were 5 months here but they haven't changed much in appearance - The only two that have changed a bit are Miss Independence - she now has two black feathers; and Mando - who has a bit more iridescent green feathering in his tail feathers

I live in Northern New Jersey and don't mind delivering them locally (within 2 hours or thereabouts) Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who might be. Did I mention they are super cute and fluffy! Thanks for reading.

Just wanted to let you guys know my silkies are still available. I thought I had something lined up but it didn't work out. Feel free to contact me if you want some or all of these cute little guys. I will miss them, but I've got to find them new homes.

MY first egg from chickens I raised! Most likely from one of the comets.
Now even the orpingtons are squatting..... So happy!

1614177612659.png

Back
Top Bottom