New Jersey

Hey everyone. I'm in Monmouth County, and we're in the process of building a coop now. Any suggestions on where to get pullets locally? Someone told me about ordering them online at Murray McMurray Hatchery, but figured I'd check to see if there was something reputable closer.

Thanks!

keep your eye on craigslist, there's almost always chickens or chicks for sale, My first batch of chicks I ordered online from Meyer hatchery, that went fine, I think I ordered in a cooler month like October, I'm in Monmouth County too , good luck starting out and keep your future chickens safe as the raccoons, foxes and hawks would love to eat them.

pat

keep your eye on craigslist, there's almost always chickens or chicks for sale, My first batch of chicks I ordered online from Meyer hatchery, that went fine, I think I ordered in a cooler month like October, I'm in Monmouth County too , good luck starting out and keep your future chickens safe as the raccoons, foxes and hawks would love to eat them.

pat

We ordered from Murray McMurray today. We figured if we ever lose any or want more, we'll look on Craigslist, locally, or at a show.

My husband is a carpenter, so he's building it strong in hopes that there's no openings or holes. He's using hardware cloth instead of chicken wire, putting a roof over the coop and enclosed run, etc. My husband hunts on our neighbor's property, so he knows first hand that there are plenty of fix in the area, as are the resident hawks. Doing everything we can to keep them safe.

I have a person in sussex county looking to pick up 7 chicks (preferably females) for a mother's day gift for his wife and I am out of chicks until after that date. Anyone else have any they are looking to sell? He is not particular with breed an is looking for standard size. These are for a backyard flock and do not need to be SQ.

I have a person in sussex county looking to pick up 7 chicks (preferably females) for a mother's day gift for his wife and I am out of chicks until after that date. Anyone else have any they are looking to sell? He is not particular with breed an is looking for standard size. These are for a backyard flock and do not need to be SQ. 

I have some hatching this weekend. Most are spoken for but I should have some Swedish Flower Hens. Straight run.

Just hatched 3 adorable Serama babies.
Im going to wait until I'm 100% certain but if any are roosters i can't keep them. :*(
Would anyone be interested in them if any turn out to be boys?

Last edited:
If anyone would be interested...
I have an Alpine buckling that was born on 4/14/14. His sire is registered out of a quality herd, but his mother is recorded grade so he cannot be registered. The vet that attempted to disbud him did not do it properly so he does have horns, which is why I'm selling him.
He will have had two CD-T shots and will be wethered before he is sold. He will be ready to leave the middle of June.
My does are CAE Negative.
$100 firm, which does not cover the costs associated with castration, shots and the unsuccessful disbudding. I just want him in a good home.

If only it was a nigerian dwarf goat :(
Trying to buy a house with more land and I want 2 nigerian dwarf goats.

Back
Top Bottom