New Jersey

Hi, new member here. Anyone know the laws for Pittsgrove, NJ?

Closest thing I could find online was a regulation for Upper Pittsgrove that says the chickens and their waste would have to be 100 feet from the property line/road. But I've seen a lot of posts from people in Pittsgrove that have chickens so I'm hoping some of you could shed some light on the laws before I even bother calling the township. I just bought a house on about a half acre and would love to get a few (not many, only looking to have 3-6 maximum).

Hi, new member here. Anyone know the laws for Pittsgrove, NJ?

Closest thing I could find online was a regulation for Upper Pittsgrove that says the chickens and their waste would have to be 100 feet from the property line/road. But I've seen a lot of posts from people in Pittsgrove that have chickens so I'm hoping some of you could shed some light on the laws before I even bother calling the township. I just bought a house on about a half acre and would love to get a few (not many, only looking to have 3-6 maximum).
Well I don’t know the laws for Pittsgrove, but Welcome to BYC!

CA9D8398-3995-46DC-A0C8-4064BDFF318E.jpeg
I’ve had the neighbors complain about my rooster today. I couldn’t find an ordinance on chickens let alone roosters so I’m gonna see if one of our relatives in the town committee can find out. But if it is true that they’re illegal as the neighbor said then I’m going to rehome him as I don’t want to cause trouble and lose my whole flock. So I’m putting this out as a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in a golden Phoenix rooster 2 yr old in case I have to get rid of him.

View attachment 1320588 I’ve had the neighbors complain about my rooster today. I couldn’t find an ordinance on chickens let alone roosters so I’m gonna see if one of our relatives in the town committee can find out. But if it is true that they’re illegal as the neighbor said then I’m going to rehome him as I don’t want to cause trouble and lose my whole flock. So I’m putting this out as a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in a golden Phoenix rooster 2 yr old in case I have to get rid of him.
Such a shame that you may have to rehome such a beautiful rooster :hugs

He's beautiful, wish people wouldn't be such rooster haters!

Move to Bayville, everyone has roosters here!
I’m not far from there! I’m in Lakehurst and from Lacey. It’s funny because they’re noisey as hell out making noise past the ordinance , they have a spotlight that blasts light into my house all hours of the night and her husband is illegally running a business out of the yard

Back
Top Bottom