New Jersey

Pics
...flights flights?...
caf.gif

Hi all I'm from NJ too! I'm in a tiny historical town called Potterstown in Hunterdon County. I'm wedged in-between Whitehouse Station and Lebanon. I'm right by Route 22 and the Spinning Wheel Diner, Merck and Chubb.

Got 27 chicks three weeks ago, a combo of SLW and Araucanas. I had fowl when I was a very little girl, and my boyfriend raised chickens when he was in his teens. I bought him the chicks as an early birthday present. So far all the girls are doing well and growing fast!

Tommy, I'd sure like to meet this Mr. Hyde you keep talking about. Do you know what town he is in? I remember there was a guy in Whippany that bred poultry, but I don't know his name.....

I'm also looking for Wheaten Ameracuana, Barnevelder and Marans hens if anyone local has them for sale please shoot me a PM!

Cindy

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how many new people we have here from New Jersey! I still live in Warren county, but I attend college in Atlantic county. I think I saw some of you at the sussex poultry show in the spring. I'm looking forward to attending the one this coming spring! I missed the October show.

I'm in eastern Monmouth County - had no idea there were so many people in Jersey with chickens. We have six, got them in June and got our first egg the begining of November. It's been amazing raising them from day old chicks. I never knew chickens could be so interesting. I love watching them run around the back yard (no matter what we try they will not stay in their run, guess we need to cover it).

Hey there,

Any new NJ chicken keepers joined up?
I know there are lots with birds around me, just not sure they all sign up for the message boards. :)

Take Care,
Bill.

Hello Bill and NJ members,
I'm new on the forum; from Burlington NJ. I've not seen anyone nearby who's into this chicken hobby. Anyone in west central NJ? Bill, I took a look at your photos on your BYC page. You sure have some crazy critters! Tumble and Charlie are awesome! Definitely not your run-of-the-mill Silkies! You know, Tumble actually resembles the style of some of your fine art pieces. I think you need to paint him. If you find yourself with any of his offspring that you want to sell off, please let me know!

Quote:
I'm from Shamong and I know lots of chicken people in Burlington County. They may not be on this site or not active on this site, but they are in Moorestown, Lumberton, Tabernacle and here in Shamong.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom