New Jersey

Pics
Quote:
Thanks sweetie!!

But, yeah, you'd better put those quotes around "kids"!
wink.png

Last edited:
Sooooo....I am home now!

I would love to try and make it to the big show in January, but I'm starting a new job and have to wait on my schedule. I should know after January 3rd. However, I am desperately hoping I will be able to make it to the sussex spring show! Keep me updated on poultry happenings in the area!

Mame, I would love to try and come to some of the sussex poultry meetings. You'll have to let me know when the next one is!

Quote:
Hoping? HOPING?! Girl, you'd better be at the sussex show. I'll get the date soon.

I believe the meetings are at the Fairgrounds Admin Building on the third Tuesday of the month. There was no meeting this month.

New jobs are tough - you just have to do what they say for a while until they see how great you are. Then you can start asking for stuff! Congrats on that! Where are you working and what will you do?

Last edited:
I'll (hopefully) be working for a local transport EMS service. I have some paperwork and bloodwork I have to get done tomorrow for the job, then orientation on Jan 3rd! I'm looking forward to starting!

apparently people recently dumped a ton of domestic ducks at smithville village over by the dirt parking lot. tons of pekins, some large saxony looking ducks and khaki's. there has been domestic geese and some scovies there for a while but i doubt there will be enough food to feed all of them. a few even have angel wing. if anyone wants some more ducks this would be the place to get them. they are very friendly and were eating corn out of my wifes hand.

Just wanted to relate a little raccoon drama I had yesterday. A medium sized raccoon was out by the chicken coop, and my dog took after it. For whatever reason the raccoon did not make it back over the fence, but ended up in the yard. Foxy (my great mutt) chased it under the shed, then flushed it from behind the shed where it had gone. In the meantime the chickens are going crazy. Next thing I know the raccoon is chasing Foxy! Foxy turned on it when she got sufficiently ahead, and the two of them locked jaws. I grabbed a rake and tried to separate them, and the raccoon took off under the shed again, and this time made it over the fence and out of the yard.

Foxy is up to date on her shots, and the raccoon did not appear to exhibit any traits that were suspicious. I don't know if a daylight raid is normal for raccoons.

Chickens are none the worse. Murphy (golden comet I think) is 39 eggs in 42 days. Bessie (austrolorp) is going on 31 weeks old and still nothing. Ethel (red star) is three eggs since October. The comb on my leghorn is growing out, but is still not really red, so I guess it will still be awhile.

i have heard that racoons being out during the day is usually a cause of rabies. you might want to research that further

Back
Top Bottom