New kid on the flock

Chopperholic78

Chirping
Feb 12, 2019
Rockdale, Texas
Good day to all who read this. I just signed up for the website and chose to introduce myself. I am a 40-year-old male who has been married to his wife for 14 years. We have a 20-acre Farmstead that we are just getting started. Well, I am. My wife doesn't care for anything involving the outdoors, she's a city girl. I grew up in the country on a 10-acre farm with multiple breeds and species of livestock. However, I didn't care about learning anything about them and just wanted to get off the farm and into the city, therefore, I have no usable knowledge now that I have learned the error of my ways and gone back to the country. I have one couple that I am close to that are very much into the farmstead business, but they are a little more hardcore about it than I plan on being. Anyway, I've heard lots of good things and many referrals to this website, so now I'm here. Thanks for all the good information, and I will make sure to post anything that I learn from experience, and provide feedback on other's posts.

My wife loves the country, she even wants to expand our garden and livestock. She doesn't, however, want to care for it. :) She wants a bunch of livestock "pets" and a garden that tends itself. It's a disconnect between reality and fantasy, I think. Hopefully, she gets past that and I can get her out in the garden with me, at least.

Welcome to BYC :frow:welcome
810A5826-5467-4C34-ACCD-4030612B067D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom