New kid on the flock

:welcome

Welcome back to the country-style life! Give your wife some time, she might very well get used to things and more involved. If you get chicks, that might do the trick right there, little chicks are hard to stay away from. And maybe she could have a few pet chickens to name and just enjoy the eggs from.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

:welcome

We are so glad that you're here! We are sure you'll love it here, so pull up a roost! :hugs
IMG_20180920_065308.jpg

Hi Chopper! Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you aboard! I agree with NFC, that you should order some day old chicks from a good Hatchery, (I got mine from Meyer.) Its like chicken training wheels:p you get started on the fun stuff and grow with them till its not like work at all!
View attachment 1671241
LOL, I like the idea of "not like work at all", but I'm kind of looking forward to it. I miss being on the farm now that I've been away from it. I used to hate having to take care of the animals. I really resented it. Why was I having to take care of the animals when I didn't get any benefit from it? Never mind I ate the meat that came back from the butcher, and I ate the eggs I gathered, and I drank the milk I milked. :D I understand things better now that I'm not a selfish teenager just wanting to get out in the real world. Now, I'm forty and have seen the world (literally) and realized what was really important. I plan on getting some chicks, maybe even from some good friends of mine because I know they are healthy. Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. :highfive:

Yeah, my wife loves the country, but she's scared of everything in it, lol. She wants to get donkeys and some other animals, but she doesn't want to eat anything we raise, which is kind of a downer. She knows where her food comes from, but she doesn't want to "eat anything with a face."
Is she a vegetarian?

No, she's not a vegetarian, but she doesn't want to eat anybody she knows. By anybody, I mean any animals. She builds a relationship with them, then doesn't want to eat them when they are ready for that stage. She also doesn't eat fish at all. No seafood. I love seafood. We are really total opposites, but we're also perfect for each other.

No, she's not a vegetarian, but she doesn't want to eat anybody she knows. By anybody, I mean any animals. She builds a relationship with them, then doesn't want to eat them when they are ready for that stage. She also doesn't eat fish at all. No seafood. I love seafood. We are really total opposites, but we're also perfect for each other.
Maybe if you convince her that whatever animals you get that are for food will have a FAR better life than the animals she is currently eating, she might warm to the idea.
If you have enough space to keep that livestock separate from the others and keep her away from them, maybe that would work?

Back
Top Bottom