New kitten but it's the railroads fault! PICS added page 2

Quote:
Casey Jones!

thumbsup.gif

x2 and a fun song!

Bug is a very intelligent little guy, he watches everything that goes on around here and has learned the routine quickly. He's also extremely affectionate.

He's eating like a horse. He wasn't able to chew much of the dry food our other kitties get, so I'm wetting it down for him for awhile. Still loves to eat bugs especially grasshoppers...slimey yet satisfying.
big_smile.png

Wow, pictures really are deceiving! I can't believe he only weighs that much. He does have a beautiful face----reminds me of an Oriental (the cat breed). He's lucky you found him-----and I think you are too!

Quote:
Gonna try to get some new pics of him this weekend. I'm thinking if I hold him while DH takes the pic you will be able to judge his true size better.

I am going to have to teach him to sleep in the shop, with cold weather not that far away.

Quote:
Gonna try to get some new pics of him this weekend. I'm thinking if I hold him while DH takes the pic you will be able to judge his true size better.

I am going to have to teach him to sleep in the shop, with cold weather not that far away.

But your DH looks to be a pretty big guy, so that may not work. It will just make him look smaller.

Quote:

But your DH looks to be a pretty big guy, so that may not work. It will just make him look smaller.

No, I'll hold and Keith take the pics. Or maybe Keith can think of a better way to show scale. I'm fresh out of ideas of any kind lately, just been completely out of it in general.

Congrats on your new friend! He does look little for his age, and he's so lucky you found him!

I had to chime in because it reminds me so much of my little guy, and his nickname I call him is "Buggy".

I was heading down the 4 lane highway one summer day in 2009, going about 70mph, and I see this little gray fluffball blur out the corner of my eye. People never can believe how I can spot things, it's just been a knack I have I guess. Anyway, I called my husband as I was turning around and I told him I swear I just seen a tiny baby kitten on the highway! It was on the painted line that divides the shoulder from the inside "fast" lane people drive in. I was in a huge hurry to get back there, because it was inches from car tires on this busy highway!
Amazingly, I got back to him, picked up him and he was ALIVE and in apparent good health, aside from some dust in his eyes from the cars flying by. He was too young to walk, he just crawled, couldn't have been more than 4-5 wks old. Here is a picture of him in my husband's hands as soon as I got home: (WARNING: THIS PIC WILL MELT YOUR HEART)
BuggyKitty3.jpg

Two weeks later:
Buggyfewweekshome.jpg

And he's about 2.5 yrs old now:
Buggy2011-08-13093038.jpg

It's still a miracle that he survived, however he ended up there. He wasn't injured at all, but there were no farms anywhere nearby. There was a factory about a 1/2 mile from there and that was it. His history is a bit of a mystery, but as you can see, he's alive and well today! He's quite the trouble maker actually!
I'm sure your kitty is also delighted to have a safe, loving home!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom