NEW LAW FOR QUAIL IN FLORIDA....and its a good one!!!

wee.gif
AWESOME!!!
wee.gif

clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I wanna see some one count 50 quail that are all in one flight/grow out pen! "Sir, can you get them to hold still for a minute please?
lol.png
Besides, you can always time your hatch/processing days to work it out. I just set up four pens, each pen will have birds that are 18 days apart.

Are you going to the swap in Arcadia at the beginning of next month? Here is a link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=225736

Swamp

Thats good, most states dont require you to purchase/have a permit to just own for personnel consumption and use other than for dog training.

But when selling, is were the propagation permits come into play..

thumbsup.gif
that is a good thing no permit for FL for personal use which makes sense..

These new laws that are popping up in different states are hurting our hobbies and businesses to my way of thinking. Seems like a lot of these DNR officials have not much else to do but sit around thinking up silly ways to control and regulate us...

Quote:
THESE ARE NOT NEW LAWS. MOST HAVE BEEN IN EXISTANCE FOR A VERY LONG TIME. IN THIS CASE FLORIDA HAS WAIVED THE NEED FOR A PERMIT FOR 50 OR LESS QUAIL SO THE BACKYARD ENTHUSIAST DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR PERMITS. AND I REALLY DONT THINK ITS A CONTROL ISSUE SO MUCH AS A MONEY ISSUE--- MOST STATES DNR/ FISH AND GAME WHATEVER ITS CALLED THESE DEPT.S ARE SELF SUPPORTING--- MEANING THAT THEY DRAW NO MONEY OUT OF THE GENERAL BUDGET, THEY ONLY GET THE MONIES RAISED THRU HUNTING AND FISHING LICENCES AND FINES FOR INFRACTION AND PERMIT FEES... AND IN THIS ECONOMY WITH ALL THE STATE AND FEDERAL CUTBACKS I DO BELEIVE YOU'LL SEE MUCH MORE VIGOR PUT INTO ENFORCING THESE LAWS AND EVEN ESTABOLISHING NEW ONES TO HELP GENERATE INCOME.

I personally like the laws/regulations on wild species of native gamebirds..keeps things in control and slows exploitation to a point..

protects us folks who truly enjoy raising and breeding are game birds and stops every tom, dick & harry from selling, breeding and raising game birds..

Plus it helps adopt good pen sizing as to not over crowd birds, i get to give my input here in pa through surveys and also to speak with game official on how i feel about things in this venture during inspections..
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I have read on here several threads about Florida if you have to have a liscense to raise quail. One thread someone stated that there was a bill in pending possibly allowing you to have 50 or less quail without the $50.00 liscense. Well, I just got off the phone with FWC, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation, and as of August 27, 2009, it passed and now it is legal to have 50 or less to raise and consume yourself without having a liscense. Call 850-488-6253, that is FWC phone number and ask if you would like to hear it for yourself. Figured some people would like to know this. Thanks:D
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
Thanks so much for sharing! Years ago I released multiple pairs of quail into my neighborhood and they created MAGIC amongst my neighbors! People slowly began to notice the quails' evening calls and neighbors dragged chairs out at sunset to gather every evening together to listen... the change in personal relationships was miraculous! The flock would roost in my carport behind my house every night, otherwise they were totally free. Sadly, these incredible birds were too big around to squeeze through chain link fencing in time to escape what I must assume were the neighborhood cats. The "music" eventually died but while it lasted it was heaven on earth and cast a miraculous spell over the formerly non-communicative human residents. None of my neighbors ever guessed where the magical birds came from, but they mourned their loss... the birds became an urban legend.

Back
Top Bottom