New layer glitch?

Yep pretty consistently double eggs every few days, she also lays a Normal egg in there too. These eggs aren't shell-less but definitely thin shelled. They have a hard outer shell that is easy to break.

Here's a video of the curious phenomenon. 1st egg is laid at the beginning second is laid at around 00:35:30 on the camera time.

I somehow didn't get a notification for this post so I didn't see it, so sorry about that!

But crazy she laid two shell-less eggs.

My pullet laid 4 eggs in 24 hours! How is that even possible!? When I went out in the am yesterday there was a little shell-less egg, mid day she laid another egg, with a shell this time, then this morning 2 more shell-less eggs! I can't imagine that she will be able to carry on like this for very long??
4 eggs?? Something is definitely wrong. I'm not sure why this would be happening, as I'm no expert with that.

I would get some calcium citrate +D3 with at least 600mg of calcium and give her one tablet once a day for a couple weeks or so and see if it helps.

4 eggs?? Something is definitely wrong. I'm not sure why this would be happening, as I'm no expert with that.

I would get some calcium citrate +D3 with at least 600mg of calcium and give her one tablet once a day for a couple weeks or so and see if it helps.
Right?! I don't know how she's still going. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it on camera. And I am sure most people reading this thread won't believe it.
I will definitely try what you suggested!

Thank you

I've been giving vit d with calcium for a few days and for two days in a row we got 1 normal egg and no random soft eggs! I just crushed it up and leave it for them all to eat what they want. 😁 Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom