SW Indiana
Went into Rural King yesterday...came out with these:

Group Photo
trio.jpg

Wyandotte
SL-Wyandotte.jpg

Australorp (sorry, pic is large)
australorp1.jpg

I'm suppose to get the ones I ordered tomorrow but when I saw the australorps I couldn't resist. They were my favorites of the ones I got last year.

Quote:
Ummm...I didn't wait. I was going to be strong. I'm going to have to expand my hen house unless I end up with all roosters..which I hope I don't (of course, don't we all).

Mahonri, the SLW is a cute little fuzzy thing. There was another one there that I wanted to bring home but when the guy did the upside-down leg test (of which I really have no faith in) he pronouced the other one a rooster. I REALLY want this one to be a pullet.

i was in rural king (kokomo) and saw the chicks. i get mine in 6 weeks. i cannot wait much longer. if they were not straight run at rural king...i would go get a few until mine got here!!!

thank for the photos!!!

Quote:
If you hold them by their legs and they fall straight down they are pullets, if they try to keeping coming back up, then roos. I think that is when they are tiny. Looks mean to me...

I'm amazed at how fast these babies grow!! I got new ones today...the ones I actually ordered...and they are so much tinier but only a few days younger.

Back
Top Bottom