New Magpie Thread!!!!

Picked up my new Magpies! I am totally in love with the light blue drake.I knew that there was a drake and a hen, but they weren't sure of the third. As soon as I heard it I knew that it is a drake. I have a few to many drakes that I will need to find new homes for or find someone that wants to eat them. Can't wait till spring when I can start hatching some out!

Magpies on special at Ideal poultry this week. $2.40 each. 20 headed my way and looking forward to them.

Magpies on special at Ideal poultry this week. $2.40 each. 20 headed my way and looking forward to them.

darn, I just missed the sale. I ordered mine today and paid full price. good news is that I have a trio of magpie and 2 buff hens coming next week. praying for good weather on their trip

darn, I just missed the sale. I ordered mine today and paid full price. good news is that I have a trio of magpie and 2 buff hens coming next week. praying for good weather on their trip

Don't feel bad. You had to order 20 to get the special price.

Make sure that you post the pictures as soon as they come!!!

ok, I will probably take lots of pics. I forgot to have them mark the male, so I get to try and guess who is who.

Don't feel bad. You had to order 20 to get the special price.
lol, for that price I could have gotten that many and sold a few extras. since I only ordered 5 I will probably end up with a dozen red make chicks as packing peanuts (good thing they taste ok when they are grown).

Shipped Tuesday, arrived Thursday 6AM. All very lively and literally jumping out of shipping box. I don't care for crested birds for both aesthetic reasons and the genetic implications but a few were included, maybe 1-2 magpies ( out of 20 ), several pekin and several mallard. I knew this was a possibility though. One crested mallard is displaying some neuro symptoms but others seem ok. Very, almost unusually, friendly birds. I sit with them and they are all over me. Very pleased with them and the service from ideal poultry on this order.

Babies arrived Thursday from Ideal, i am so glad they shipped a day early and missed being in transit thursday night. A trio of magpies and 2 female buffs (along with 13 male sex links). I need to get some closer individual pictures of everyone.

Back
Top Bottom