New Magpie Thread!!!!

I was wondering how many eggs magpies lay a year.  Do they lay as well as campbells or harliquins?  They are very pretty.  I have the two other breeds and want to stay with a lightweight duck.  I really want a duck that lays blue eggs.  Do you get blue eggs from them?  By the way I read that all white magpies occur and are called stanbridge whites.  

I get one every day from mine.

My wife's drake "Dufuss"

Her hen "Belle".

Just got my FIRST Eggs from my Magpie, they are a light beige color! I can't believe I didn't see these four beauties sooner! I'm so eggcited! Wasn't sure when or what color they would be! So hopefully the other girl starts laying soon!
yesss.gif
love.gif
wee.gif

Here are my girls :)

I would love if one of my girls would be broody, but they are still young so, maybe next year. I don't remember coming accross any information about Magpies being broody. I'm sure that some must, but I don't know if they would be as good as muscovys are.

I just put the eggs that I want to hatch under a broody chicken...I have 3 magpie eggs under a silkie right now!!! They are due to hatch any day now I can't wait. I had a few under a first time broody a few months ago and she killed one when it hatched, and the others didn't hatch. These eggs I have under my silkie who has hatched lots of chicks in the past so I'm sure that she'll do good... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the eggs to hatch!

Here's my little Girl, Spats. 5 months old, She was suppose to be a boy! Its okay we have her boyfriend with the name of geisha cause he was suppose to be the girl! LOL

Back
Top Bottom