New Magpie Thread!!!!

I have the magpie color in call ducks, most off mine have more black than the ones pictured above.

couldn't get my picture to post, but you can see it on my website

www.mallardlanefarms.com on the call duck page

Despite the brutal temperatures we are experiencing here, the Magpies go about their usual business during the day! How are everyone's ducks doing?

I was wondering how many eggs magpies lay a year. Do they lay as well as campbells or harliquins? They are very pretty. I have the two other breeds and want to stay with a lightweight duck. I really want a duck that lays blue eggs. Do you get blue eggs from them? By the way I read that all white magpies occur and are called stanbridge whites.

My bratty magpie

I was wondering how many eggs magpies lay a year. Do they lay as well as campbells or harliquins? They are very pretty. I have the two other breeds and want to stay with a lightweight duck. I really want a duck that lays blue eggs. Do you get blue eggs from them? By the way I read that all white magpies occur and are called stanbridge whites.

I have read magpies lay better than campbells and harli's. My magpies were horrible layers but they came from crazy inbred lines. my new magpie layes eggs larger than my Muscovy duck eggs!! the first one I got I thought it was a goose egg!!!!! One site said magpies lay up to 300 eggs a year, but then you have to consider proper conditions all year long and proper nutrition, as well as good lines! that's why you want birds from strong, robust, active and high egg laying lines, if you buy or breed these types of birds, pure breeds, with proper nutrition and conditions maggies have the ability to lay 300 a year. there are some magpie lines that lay blue eggs, idk how blue but I know there are way less blue egg laying gene birds than white egg laying ones. and yes, pure white magpie sports have been taken and breed together, these birds produced white offspring, these birds are known as stanbridge whites. now I'm not sure if a white sport from coloured magpies is considered a sport or a stanbridge, or if second generation birds from white sports are stanbridge whites. that's a question I have not been able to find an answer to!!!!

Not sure Lola is actually a Lola. 11 weeks old and no quack, just a shrieking noise. No drake feathers yet either though. Any guesses?

Back
Top Bottom