New Member--2Boys1Homestead

2boys1homestead

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Pewamo, MI
Hello Everyone! My name is Ben (my partner is Justin) and we've come here to learn more about chickens before we get our new home and try to raise our own. Hopefully I can get some real-life experience answers from some people to make a more informed decision about our future flock.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Sadly, zero. But I'm hoping to get 3-5 to start.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I would like to get Araucanas or Ameraucanas.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
This website is posted about everywhere.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm an artist and a potter. I also love to cook and create recipes.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family is a long line of farmers, which was severed at my parents generation. So I'm going into this homesteading thing blind. I'm hoping to gain some knowledge here before I start.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME!!!!
woot.gif
Everyone on here is super helpful....and PATIENT!!! I'm also new to chickens...and ducks...this year, but I've learned a TON from these guys!!

Ah, so they edited out my blog, that's why it didn't post when it was supposed to. Oh well. I'm not on here to shamelessly showcase myself, I'm here to learn.

See how you are...lol!! I've learned pretty much everything I know to this point from everyone here...and I ask some PRETTY STUPID QUESTIONS!!!
tongue.png
So at least you've come to the right place to learn, they can put up with ME!!

Go to "forum" at the top of the page and click on the correct topic for your question...when that comes up there is a blue button to click on that says start a new thread!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom