New member and questions

yay my first egg!!!

Got this egg yesterday. I have looked like 10 times today and nothing yet. I put a store bought egg in their nest to see if that will help the girls out a little.

Hi all. I have 7 hens that I got in April of this year. For the past 2 days I have went out to go get the eggs and there wasn't any. Wondering what could be going on? I live in Massachusettsand wondering if the weather could be causeing this, but not really sure. I am new to owning hens.

Hi all. I have 7 hens that I got in April of this year. For the past 2 days I have went out to go get the eggs and there wasn't any. Wondering what could be going on? I live in Massachusettsand wondering if the weather could be causeing this, but not really sure. I am new to owning hens.

Here is a link to take you to an excellent thread on this very subject:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers

For most people it pretty much comes down to molting and shorter daytime hours. There are other reasons (such as broodiness, aging birds, etc.) but usually its those first 2 reasons.

Hope you find the thread helpful.

Back
Top Bottom