New Member - California

Donna Carroll

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
California
I'm joining the flock!!!! I live in California. I had chickens as a kid and just loved them. My kids are grown and have moved out so I am an empty nester. I had been thinking for quite sometime I would like to have chickens again. I almost bought a coop last summer. To my astonishment my kids surprised me this last Easter with a coop and five baby batams. I have to say it was love at first sight! My empty nest has some babies in it again. I have a mixed flock. The only one of my flock I can figure out is my little speckled Sussex. What a beautiful breed. They are all five weeks old now and have captured my heart. I love each of their personalities.:yiipchick I am having so much fun with them each day. I am going to need a lot of help educating myself on the care and maintnace of my little group and look forward to all the help I can get. I decided to join backyard chickens due to the fact every time I had a question and searched the Internet it brought me to this website. Thank you for letting me join in all the fun. :yiipchick

Hi Donna, nice to meet you. Have you checked out the learning center? You may also want to visit "Raising Backyard Chickens," forum with it's length menu. What a great gift!

When your babies are a couple weeks older you could post photos of them at "what breed or gender is this." Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock., so nice that you joined us.

Welcome to BYC, Donna. Glad you decided to join our flock. What a wonderful surprise from your kids! Raising chickens is loads of fun and I'm sure you will enjoy them immensely. Definitely post their pics on our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and let our experts there identify them for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your bantam chicks.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I look forward to exploring the website for answers to all my questions. I would love to share some pictures and see what you think. Thank you again for all of your welcome and support.

Thank you so much. They have been a little blessing to me. It feels good to unplug from TV and Facebook and focus on something that is tangible. Thank you for the tip and guidance. I will definitely need some help here and look forward to learning from the masters. The warm welcome is truly appreciated.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I look forward to exploring the website for answers to all my questions. I would love to share some pictures and see what you think. Thank you again for all of your welcome and support.

You're welcome. We would love to see your photos. :eek:)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Chickens are such a joy and blessing. I'm glad you are enjoying your flock. I like your avatar with the speckled sussex. I have a sussex as well. I love her to bits. Her name is Rosie. Do your's have names?

Back
Top Bottom