New member Duck hatching questions

boxerbabys2

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 21, 2012
Central Arkansas
I have really enjoyed all of the information I have gained from the site and its members. I had 24 eggs given to me to hatch in class this past year, only two hatched. I did not have an egg incubator so we made do with a bacteria incubator and we lost temperature control for a 1 1/2 days. All this being said it was so much fun and the students and I had a blast. I decided to do my own eggs this summer to show my son how neat it was, still using the bacteria incubator, but much more controlled environment. I bought the eggs at a flea market they are due to hatch June 9th. I have candled the eggs and there are two that seem to be way more advanced than the rest. Is this normal?

Sounds like you have a hot spot in the incubator. Most use incubators with fans to avoid this. When not using a fan many will rotate the eggs positions in the incubator to keep any egg or eggs from sitting in the hot spot for the entire time.

It's cool to see you are showing your son! Kids looove that stuff, that's what got me into hatching actually! Did it in kindergarden then I begged my mom to try it again :)
Good luck on your hatch please post pics of the little ones! :D

ZC
First one to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom