New Member from Chicago, IL

Get yourself one of the automatic door opener/closer. It works on a timer that you set the time you want it opened and closed.
Also I live in the city of Chicago, 41st ward. I have not read or seen any rule that roosters are not allowed in the city of Chicago.
Do you actually live within the city limits of Chicago?

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to BYC, but not new to the great advice on this platform. Just finally decided to sign-up. I've had chickens since 2017, but in the last two weeks 2 were killed, cause I forgot to close the coop and today found our 3rd one attacked without skin. I totally feel horrible because this has happened. I've been overworked and tired and just plain exhausted. I have our last hen recovering in the coop. My current question is how to do maintain a steady time to let them out to free range and remember to close the coop before it gets too dark out?
Welcome to BYC!! I’m sorry about your birds. :(

Get yourself one of the automatic door opener/closer. It works on a timer that you set the time you want it opened and closed.
Also I live in the city of Chicago, 41st ward. I have not read or seen any rule that roosters are not allowed in the city of Chicago.
Do you actually live within the city limits of Chicago?
I live in the city, one block away from burbank. Haven't researched about the rooster, I was just told. I made a post about a lost chicken in my neighborhood and I got all sorts of comments. Some not very nice, so I just figured I'd believe them. Plus I just wanted eggs and not baby chicks so I kept 3 hens, the most 4 at one point. Where do I research it?

I live in the city, one block away from burbank. Haven't researched about the rooster, I was just told. I made a post about a lost chicken in my neighborhood and I got all sorts of comments. Some not very nice, so I just figured I'd believe them. Plus I just wanted eggs and not baby chicks so I kept 3 hens, the most 4 at one point. Where do I research it?
Just google "are roosters allowed in the city of Chicago" is what I did.

Just google "are roosters allowed in the city of Chicago" is what I did.
Thank you, I found a link. They aren't illegal, just that I'll get noise complaints. I don't think my neighbors will complain as they both have loud parties into the wee hours and the police doesn't care to come anymore. Right now as we speak, I feel like we are at a carnival with a party around the corner. They seem to get louder and louder these days.

Back
Top Bottom