New member from Memphis, TN

MAX817

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Good morning all,

I am a new member from Memphis, TN. I have been wanting to have chickens for a long time and I finally decided to do it.

I placed an order for my coop yesterday. It is being made and I will have it either end of this week or next week.

Now I need to buy chickens. I plan to have 2 chickens but having hard time to finding them. Most of them has minimum order.

Any suggestions to where to buy young hens or pullets that about to lay the eggs?

Thanks so much.

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry we always by 6 or more.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the soon to be delivered coop! Sometime it is easier to have them prebuilt then build them yourself, especially if you don't have the time. Kelsie has given you some good links to follow in hopes you can find just a few chickens. Have you checked your feed stores? I know that TSC has a minimum of 6 chicks, but some of the smaller Mom and Pop feed stores usually let you have just a couple or one if that is all you want. If you locate someone nearby you in your state thread, you could always share an order and keep the ones you want and they can keep the rest.

Well, good luck with search and I hope you can find what you are looking for. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! x2 regarding posting in your state's thread, especially this time of year there will most likely be a wide variety of chicks available locally. Good luck to you.

Check out memphis.craigslist.org

I live near Memphis & was looking for only two hens too. I found many local (Millington, Eads, Fayette County) seller ads for chickens, no minimum order.

I believe MyPet Chickens, advertisers on BYC , will sell/ship a minimum of 3 chicks if they are going to major cities. For an additional you can buy females.

Back
Top Bottom