New member from Michigan

Desiderio

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2023
Good morning!
I have been around this forum for ahwile now, searching for answers to the thousand questions about chickens.
We have started our small flock back in 2018, Buff Orpington and a couple of Black Australorp.
At the moment we have 11 girls, we are at the edge of town and have a couple of acres, so they have space, in their inclusion and we let them out in the evening to
roam the rest of the property.
We had no previous experience with raising chickens and it has been a learning experience, but also a very rewarding one, they are part of the family, and everytime I lost on it has been hard on me (but I am like that with all the wonderful creatures I encountered in my life).
Recently I have battled a case of vent gleet with one of the newer lady, she si just about under a year old, and it took me almost a month to get it under control and I thank this comunuty for the incredible amount of information and compassion that shares with the rest of the world!! Thank you!! I can only hope I can do the same some day soon.

Gratefully

Vanessa.
20230328_180829.jpg 20230328_180434.jpg
20230328_180705.jpg
20230328_180451.jpg

Good morning!
I have been around this forum for ahwile now, searching for answers to the thousand questions about chickens.
We have started our small flock back in 2018, Buff Orpington and a couple of Black Australorp.
At the moment we have 11 girls, we are at the edge of town and have a couple of acres, so they have space, in their inclusion and we let them out in the evening to
roam the rest of the property.
We had no previous experience with raising chickens and it has been a learning experience, but also a very rewarding one, they are part of the family, and everytime I lost on it has been hard on me (but I am like that with all the wonderful creatures I encountered in my life).
Recently I have battled a case of vent gleet with one of the newer lady, she si just about under a year old, and it took me almost a month to get it under control and I thank this comunuty for the incredible amount of information and compassion that shares with the rest of the world!! Thank you!! I can only hope I can do the same some day soon.

Gratefully

Vanessa.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom