1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new member from michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kristinandray, Jul 22, 2011.

1. kristinandray

kristinandray Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Good morning! nice to be here and thanks for having us! We are relatively new to chickens, been at it almost a year.
    We have 4 hens and a roo, and some eggs to hatch any day now. Two of the hens are rhode islands, i have a black silkie (with two more on the way), an americauna/cochin cross, and my roo, he is a beautiful leghorn/cochin cross.
    I found this site while searching Google to try to find out with my roo. so i am going to post on here and i pray someone can help.
    We are very outdoorsey type people. working in the gardens wouldnt be the same without the chickens there to help and be curious.

in my spare time i have three children, two dogs, a cat, a hermit crab, a cockatiel, some fish, 3 acres and a husband that i take care of. whatever spare time they dont use up i save for being an electrician and earning money. id rather be with my chickens!

it is great to be here and i truly hope i can find help for Spot (my roo). in turn i hope to one day be able to help another. Thanks for having me [​IMG]

2. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Hello and Welcome to BYC, whats wrong with your roo.

3. mothrhen

mothrhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Hi new egg! I'm a new egg too. You're going to love this site. Everyone is so nice and helpful (lots of chicken lovers). I live in MD with 16 dogs (I do rescue, not a hoarder), 3 cats, 1 macaw (20 years together), an assortment of pet rats (I know, eeeeuw - not) and a son who's in college in NC most of the year. I'll be reading along with you on this site and posting if I think I have something to offer. Welcome!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

6. kristinandray

kristinandray Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    i posted my roos condition in the emergency/illness area. hope that was the right place. i am very worried.
    thank you for all of your warm welcomes.

7. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    WELCOME!
    [​IMG]

8. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]