New member from Minnesota!

Ndahly

Chirping
May 22, 2022
Minnesota
Hello!
My name is Nicole I live in Minnesota with my fiance and 2 year old daughter.
I'm not new to chickens but I still have a ton to learn. We just bought our house last August and started with guineas but we just picked up chicks last week!
We have lavender Orpingtons and red and blue laced wyandottes. We also ordered a rare assortment from the hatchery, so far I was able to identify one which is a welsummer, the other three are a mystery!
We also got 10 broilers, which I'm new to raising.

I love owning chickens because they're great for bug control but honestly they crack me up and they're so fun to have around.

We also have 5 dogs, two of them are trained stock dogs and we just got a 6 month old kelpie/border collie mix to train on stock as well.
We also have Nigerian dwarf goats that I'm hoping to to turn into a herd for milking.
We have two horses that were our ranch horses when we lived and worked on a ranch in Montana.
I'm a stay at home mom and my fiance owns his own mobile welding business.

I look forward to meeting new people and expanding my knowledge in all things chickens!

:welcome Welcome to the BYC forums.

I also live in Minnesota. I recommend you update your icon to include your geographical location. No doubt, sooner or later, you will have some cold weather concerns and questions. It helps others to know that you live in Minnesota and not Florida, for example.

I live on a lake. This week we had some of our retired neighbors coming back to Minnesota from their winter in Arizona. My neighbor lady was outside all bundled up in a heavy winter coat. Anyway, I welcomed her back to the lake for the summer. She said she was not prepared for the cold weather. I'm kind of puzzled, because I'm outside in my short sleeve shirt, because, it's just over 60F outside. But she tells me that they left Arizona 2 days ago and it was 105F there. No wonder she felt cold!

Point is, if/when you complain about the temperature getting cold in our winters, you might be thinking -40F outside. Someone sitting down in So. California might be thinking, yeah, it just dropped down to 65F last night. Really cold outside. :tongue

Again, welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom