New member from Olympic Peninsula

Melissa93063

Chirping
May 26, 2022
Love this website! We got 9 newly hatched chicks about a week ago and are enjoying them a lot. They are fun to watch! One little chick, initially the "bully" of the group, has started to languish a bit over the past few days (lethargic, sleeps/lays down a lot and, notably, stopped bullying the other checks) and, after hours of observation, it looked like it might be limping. (I want to call this chick a "he" based on the initial bullying behavior, but my husband said it must be a "she" to be that mean LOL). Lots of googling led me to various thread on this site and it looks like there are loads of knowledgeable folks here.

Based on what I read, last night I dissolved a B-complex vitamin tablet (human) and put it in their water. I also added a bit of nutritional yeast to their food (I like this idea!). I was waiting for TSC to open this morning so I could go and buy some poultry vitamins, but now I'm thinking that maybe I don't need to do that - perhaps I can just stick w/ the nutritional yeast and human vitamins. Thoughts on that anyone?

As others have commented, I have some concern about how much vitamins in the water are too much. Last night, I added one "Kirkland Super B-Complex" pill (which includes 100mcg of B-12, 20mg of B-2 and 100mg of B-1, among other things) to about 3 quarts of water in their "flock party" feeder. They also got about 2 T of nutritional yeast sprinkled across their chick starter feed this morning. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom