New Member from Southeast Ohio

Rewster

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2015
Southeast Ohio
Hello to all.

I am new to the site but have of course "lurked" here many times. I have found the answers to a couple of problems I have experienced with my flock.
From respiratory infection to the latest infestation of worms, I have found the remedies here, and I thank all of you for your help.

About me, I am a retired LE Officer from SE Ohio. I have kept chickens for the last 8 or 9 years. I have Buff Orphingtons, a Blue
Cochin named Norma and 7 Red sex links. They live in a 6 by 8 coop I built myself.

I am planning to add about another 20 chickens this fall so this involves a new coop. I applied for and received financial approval
from the CFO (my wife) for the new coop so I am searching the web and local lumber companies for ideas.

I have read several threads here and find them interesting, sometimes entertaining and always instructional. I know, that I know very
little about chickens and am always learning about them.

I live on a small farm (3.5 acres) that also contains 2 dogs (a Great Dane and Yorkie), 2 pygmy goats, 2 ducks, too many fish in my pond to count and about half a million honeybees.

My favorite saying is "When you are retired, everyday is Saturday"

Thanks for having me.

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Thank you for such a nice introduction, pleasure to meet you. You have some nice birds...I bet you're getting plenty of eggs from the 7 RSL girls. We have 3 in our mixed flock and they are great layers.

You'll find plenty of coop ideas here so do some browsing and take the bits and pieces that work best for you.

Here's a link to your state thread if you would like to drop in and say hello to your fellow Buckeyes:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/12049/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there

Nice to have you here!

Hello, Dave, welcome to BYC, and good luck with the coop building and flock expansion. I know all about approval from the CFO.

Welcome to BYC, Dave. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joinging. :eek:) I'm glad the members here at BYC have been of help to you. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

It's a pleasure to meet you Dave. Have you checked out the "Coops" forum for ideas? Loads of coops of every type, size and style - maybe something to interest you.

Back
Top Bottom