New Member from Texas

Swamppoodles

Hatching
May 31, 2015
Howdy! We are just starting our backyard chicken experience. We started with 6 hens and rooster- Buff Orpingtons, about 2 years ago. We lost 2 hens and the rooster from that batch and decided to add to the flock. We got 4 straight run Rhode Island Reds, 2 white hens and black hen and raised from chicks. Unfortunately, we have 3 roosters in the batch of Reds. :( But, all are doing well right now. (Not laying age yet.) We are loving the experience and the fresh eggs! Have been stalking this site for a little while, and it seems to always have the answers to my questions, so I thought I would introduce myself.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. We have many members from Texas, you may want to post on your state thread and see if you have any close chicken neighbors.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like and looks like you have a lovely flock. Sorry to hear about the ones you lost
hugs.gif
Good luck with the rest of them and feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I'm sorry about the loss of your birds. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. Which part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom