New Member from West Texas (Lubbock)

welcome-byc.gif

so glad to see another south plains/panhandle member. I am fairly new and just starting my chicken experience. been researching for 9 months (takes me awhile to jump in). I live half way between Lubbock and Amarillo. just found some chicks in slaton that I am going to look at next weekend and really excited. Have a member from Shalowater that is gracisously advising me. Slaton person has all I want except Easter Egger so will be searching for that. Question, how do you get just a few chicks. Most hatchery require a rather large order. I only want about a 10 max chickens and no roos.My coop is 9x9x9 and covered outdoor run is 9x23. I am not interested in hatching or breeding (cannot stand the thought of eating any of my chickens) only want eggs. Please feel free to give any advise.

Sue

so glad to see another south plains/panhandle member. I am fairly new and just starting my chicken experience. been researching for 9 months (takes me awhile to jump in). I live half way between Lubbock and Amarillo. just found some chicks in slaton that I am going to look at next weekend and really excited. Have a member from Shalowater that is gracisously advising me. Slaton person has all I want except Easter Egger so will be searching for that. Question, how do you get just a few chicks. Most hatchery require a rather large order. I only want about a 10 max chickens and no roos.My coop is 9x9x9 and covered outdoor run is 9x23. I am not interested in hatching or breeding (cannot stand the thought of eating any of my chickens) only want eggs. Please feel free to give any advise.

Sue

This breeder is in Texas, the pictures of his birds look great. I don't think he would be too many hours away..... but I am not sure where Princeton is. If you go pick up the chicks you could get a small order.

You said you wanted EEs, and he has some gorgeous Ameraucana.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/857002/large-fowl-ameraucana-and-blue-laced-red-wyandotte-chicks

Back
Top Bottom