New Member Here

Nice to meet you :frow
Welcome to Backyard Chickens :welcome
76271A9B-2C55-4DAF-BA0E-4B9D92555D89.jpeg

Hi Steve and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

We have a contest going on right now just for new folks like you. In order to enter you'll need to copy the link from your first post in this thread and post it in the contest thread.

To copy your link address, right click on the link to your thread and click copy or copy link
2019-02-09_16-09-54-jpg.1671012
then click on the following URL
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...t-new-byc-members-win-a-byc-calendar.1287752/
Go down to where it says "write your reply..." tell us this is your entry and then click on the link button
2019-02-09_16-13-22-jpg.1671016

Paste your URL into the box and click "insert", then click "Post Reply".
2019-02-09_16-14-09-jpg.1671019

That's all there is to it. Once you've finished this, you're eligible to win a nice BYC Calendar.

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
I am not sure what part of your state you live in but wanted to let you know there is an "issue" right now in the southern part...no birds are allowed to be shipped in right now in some areas.

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_Info.html
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<

BYC has an APP!
Thanks for that warning! I'm not in that area but it's always good to know. Bishop is more geographically akin to Nevada than any other part of CA. It's on the east side of the Sierra Nevada and closer to Reno than any other major California city.

Orpington are nice birds. I chose Black Astralorps as my first flock 11 years ago. My favorites right now are Speckled Sussex and Salmon Faverolle they let you pick them up and are very sweet birds. So many sweet nice bird breeds to pick from, I hope you find some good ones. :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll read up on those before making a decision. Cheers,,,,

Back
Top Bottom