New member in Campbell, CA

Itsjoma

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
Just found the site and am excited about learning more about chickens from the rest of you!

Although my dad has had backyard chickens for years, I have resisted until now.

I have accumulated 8 chickens now and it it time to stop! I have 2 Red Sexlinks, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 French Black Copper Marans and 2 Barnevelders. They range in age from 2 to 8 weeks. The youngest two are still in the house keeping warm and the rest are in temporary quarters in the dog house while I figure something permanent out.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
. This is a great site and you will learn a lot. Congrats on the chicks. You will learn the chicken math soon. 8 is not enough.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Hello Itsjoma,

How is your chicken raising going? My parents live in Campbell, near Capri Elementary, and my Mom would like to raise a few hens in the backyard. I am helping her find out if it something they are up for. Have you had problems with predators with your birds? My Mom thinks she wants to have a small mobile coop in order to move the fertilizer around the yard but I fear the mobile types are easier for critters to get into.

Any advice from a neighbor is appreciated. Hope you have enjoyed the experience!

Back
Top Bottom