New member in Kansas City

Welcome Natalie, kinda new myself, i live in upstate NY. one day, i just decided i wanted chickens and i started building. i never asked for permission, nor did i wonder if i needed to ask for it. i hope your meetings go well and if they don't then my heart goes out to you. i have 11 hens and they are not loud, smelly, or offensive in anyway. i know how rewarding and fun it is to keep chickens and i hope you can experience it too.

Again Welcome!
big_smile.png

Joe

Hey everyone! The Planning Committee meeting for my hen permit is coming up this Monday already. Please take a moment to write a quick comment of support at: http://apps.opkansas.org/Doing-Business/odc/Case/View-CasePLN.cfm?case=SUP2012-00024. I'm not sure if it matters if your from Overland Park or not. This will go directly to the Planning Committee and should help out my chances of being approved. All you have to do is say who you are, where you live and why you think my application should be approved.
P.S. Feel free to share the link with all your friends.
highfive.gif

Thanks!!

~Natalie

I did have to withdraw my request. When I spoke to my HOA president she said there were no restrictions on chickens. Come to find out her copy of the declaration of restrictions was missing. Someone else has it and turned it in to the city threatening legal action if I didn't withdraw my application. The restrictions clearly state no poultry so until people relax a little on backyard hens and I can take it up for vote with the HOA, I have to go without. I think I am still going to try to get the city to adopt a chicken ordinance though.

Why should your need to have chickens in your backyard supersede my need to maintain my property values?

Back
Top Bottom