New member in Morgan, Utah

hardscrabble

Hatching
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Chicken People

I am getting back into chickens after 25 years. I have an 8 x 12 coop (converted pigeon loft), a Brower brooder, and the incubator I built in high school shop. I have no birds yet. We need eggs. Our family uses about 5 dozen a week. So we are getting Red sex link chicks. We have lots of room (3 acres is a lot for chickens). So we want some other birds that forage well. So the wife and I decided to try Delawares and Wellsummers. We are looking for hatching eggs. It's about time I had chickens again!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Glad you joined our flock. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. It's a great way to connect to chicken folks in your area.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Red Sex Links are hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they, along with my Black Sex Links, have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from those girls. I love the chocolate eggs of the Welsummers. In my opinion, they are the prettiest in the entire chicken world. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock"!

Red Sex-Links should make great birds for you. They lay very well and are docile, too. Good luck with your future flock!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

Good luck with your future chickens! Red Sex-links are particularly excellent layers, and both Delawares and Welsummers can be productive, too.

Back
Top Bottom