New Member in Thailand!

healtyfeathers

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Thailand
I've been reading BYC for the past couple of years, and finally decided to join! I live in Northern Thailand. I have a flock of 9 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Jungle Fowl mix (she's my #1 broody hen!), two hybrids (I've been told that they are "CP" chickens), and one Thai/Burmese chicken that I don't really want, but the neighbor put her in my yard. . . . long story!:) I try to raise my chickens as naturally as possible. We have a soldier fly bin that provides them with high quality protein, and a good area of pasture that they graze on daily, as well as twice monthly access to my mulch/compost pile to eat all of the goodies that they can find in there. All the good food pays off with the yummy eggs that I get from my hens! There is no comparison to the thin, runny, light yellow things that you buy from the supermarket!!! I'm hoping to expand my flock, but have been having difficulty finding good quality, healthy chickens to do so. I'm hoping to be able to network/share info with other BYCers in Thailand to be able to find some new stock/hatching eggs.

welcome-byc.gif
I haven't been able to find a Thailand thread so you could network with other chicken folks. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum YOU could start a new thread for Thailand. Then others will come to YOU, to join. I'm sure there is an interest and need for this.
I hope you will take up the torch and start the thread.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I do know one member here that lives in Thailand, @thaiturkey . He may be able to point you in the direction of getting some more chickens.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you are really enjoying your flock! And yes, there is no comparison of home grown eggs to the store bought eggs. Far more healthy for you too.

If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. So make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I do know one member here that lives in Thailand, @thaiturkey . He may be able to point you in the direction of getting some more chickens.

After keeping turkeys, layers and geese, we now keep banties. There are self-sufficient and semi-wild, roosting in the trees. They forage all day and we give them chicken feed mixed with rice husk and leftover cooked rice, They adopt families and become reasonably tame. They can usually be had free of charge from people whose flocks have grown to large.

Thanks for the tip, Thai Turkey! I'm hoping to get some banties or silkies to use for brooding. Do you just keep your banties for pets, or do you eat the eggs/meat as well. Doesn't seem like they'd be worth the effort as far as meat is involved!

Back
Top Bottom