New Member Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rararanch, Feb 21, 2017.

1. rararanch

rararanch Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2017
    Hi All, I'm just new to this group and to raising chickens. I'm the new proud owner of

4 Happily laying, scratching & behaving normal (besides the pecking each other) Rescue hens
    4 confident Plymouth Rocks pullets
    2 Blue Araucanas pullets. Can't wait for the blue eggs
    2 Orpingtons pullets. 1 blue & 1 splash. Gorgeous birds

Love just sitting in their run watching their personalities while they busy about their business. Have had to seperate my hens from the pullets & was thinking about running them together when the pullets are older as they are getting bullied.

After 2 wks in their coop, I am going to let them free range on our 13 acre property through the day & hoping they will naturally come back to their coop before sun down. I'm from NZ & we don't have predators here other than prey birds and stoats (haven't seen a stoat yet though).

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all & soak up your expertise!

Over n out :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It sounds as though you've discovered the joy of chicken tv.

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We have other members from New Zealand as well. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, rararanch, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Sounds like a beautiful flock you are building. I'll trade you your stoats for my coyotes, opossums, raccoons, and bobcats! [​IMG] Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. After a couple of weeks, your birds will know where "home" is, and return just before dusk.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy neighbour [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there and welcome to the chicken club! I am so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by