Shalker

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2022
Hello - I live in Spring, TX and am ready to get chickens. I live in an HOA so it will have to be discreet. I've had bees for 6 years in the past and now onto chickens. I'm stuck on how to build the right coop for this climate. We don't have a huge yard either. Was thinking of getting 4 bantams so nothing big. We have a big and small dog and a cat so those are to be taken into consideration. I've wanted chickens for years and it's time to just do it. I also keep a 4'x16' garden. I have three kids 11, 13, 15 boys and do upholstery work on the side. Tennis is another hobby. Thanks for all the help.

Welcome to this eggcellent community!!
chicken spinning GIF

So excited to have you here with us!

Hello - I live in Spring, TX and am ready to get chickens. I live in an HOA so it will have to be discreet. I've had bees for 6 years in the past and now onto chickens. I'm stuck on how to build the right coop for this climate. We don't have a huge yard either. Was thinking of getting 4 bantams so nothing big. We have a big and small dog and a cat so those are to be taken into consideration. I've wanted chickens for years and it's time to just do it. I also keep a 4'x16' garden. I have three kids 11, 13, 15 boys and do upholstery work on the side. Tennis is another hobby. Thanks for all the help.
Sounds like you guys are crazy busy! I love people that have the guts to do chickens in an HOA ... free eggs to neighbors go a long way. I wasn't that brave, and we bought without the HOA. Of course, free eggs to neighbors still go a long way!

Have a ball with your new additions!
Lynda W
Jacksonville, FL

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If you are in an HOA I strongly advise you find out if you are permitted chickens. I've read countless posts about people who lived in communities that did not permit chickens that had to get rid of them.
Yes, I'm nervous about all invested time and money and that happening. I've asked my neighbors, who are the only ones that could turn me in, and they have no objections. I don't see how anyone else would know I have them. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom