New Member Intro

nccrazyhen

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
Western North Carolina
I am EGGcited to have found this site. I moved from the suburbs to the county in the Blue Ridge Mtns. 6 months ago and am all about persuing a whole new life style, including chickens. I meet a NC crazy hen when I moved here and fell in love with her, decided I wanted a small flock of my own. While being "cooped" up after breaking my foot I was doing internet research when I found this group. I EGGspect it will offer a lot of help. I know nothing about chickens so have a lot to learn. I am a vegertian so no meat or eggs for me but I like them as animals and our local food thrust has a big market for free range eggs. Thank you for freely sharing all your experience and knowledge.

6 rescued cats, 2 dogs, garden, son and son's wife, river, tolerant husband and lots of fun.

welcome-byc.gif
to both of you From Northern California!

one thing i have to say, if you have roosters and hens, collect your eggs every night once they start laying, because one time we did not collect, a hen sat on them all night long. Then we acidently gave one of those eggs to my grandma, when she cracked it there as a half developed chick inside.
sickbyc.gif
anyways, goodluck with your new flock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom