New Member Introduction from Easton MD

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sweetpeeps, May 29, 2012.

1. Sweetpeeps

Sweetpeeps In the Brooder

May 27, 2012
    Easton, Maryland 21601
    Hi Everyone! First and foremost, I am THRILLED to find people who love their chickens as much as I do. My husband, I am sure, thinks that I am the only one out there who spoils her hens, but that said, he did build a beautiful hen house for me for Christmas 2010, and a roof over their 24 by 18 foot pen last Christmas. In the hen house I have one silver laced Wyandotte, a golden laced Wyandotte, a New Hampshire Red, 3 Ameraucanas, 3 blk Australorps, 3 blk Stars, 2 Barred Rocks, 3 RIR, 1 white Leghorn. All my hens are laying. April 29th I received an order of peeps- 14 Silkies (which I adore) and some different breeds I wanted to try. They included Buff Rock pullets, Silver Spangled Hamburghs (pullets & cockerel), Blk Langshans (pullets & cockerel) and Anconas (pullets & cockerel). After 2 weeks of living in the house, they out grew their space and my husband built me a great pen for them (ratwire and 2X4s)- 4' X 5'X4' so that they could move out onto the deck. After 2 weeks on the deck, yep you guessed it- another pen 8' X 4' X 4', so I could move them out front on the grass and separate the Silkies from the big kids. They both have "play yards" so when I am home, they can be out of their pens. I also let them loose in the front yard to explore, and hang around to make sure we don't lose one to a hawk, or that some of the hens don't mosey over and peck a baby. They follow my feet and we move to new areas of the front yard, in search of bugs. I love my little ladies (hens) but the babies are providing us with so much enjoyment, I love hanging with them. Well, thank you for letting me share. I hope to learn so much from this site, as well as hear about others' chicken experiences.

2. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you on board!
    You husband sounds a bit like my father, he's always scorning at how we spoil the chickens, but oftentimes we find him down near the coop, chatting to the hens as he's gardening. :p

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site :D

4. [​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

5. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Free Ranging

Mar 26, 2011