New Member Introduction?

Colourchaser

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2016
Even though I have been a member for over a year my account wants me to introduce myself again so here goes:

My name is Mary and I have 12 adult and 22 baby chickens, four cats, three children, two children-in-law, one dog, and a non-farmer husband.
I had a coup FIRE last year and lost almost all of my flock out of 30 chickens I had 7 left. Five of the survivors had such ptsd they fought all the time, I processed them and cried. I had one hen in the house she was burned and I pulled her from her perch in the FIRE. My mother uses oxygen at night so I put Penny in a small open crate put the oxygen tube up to her face for over an hour until she calmed down and went to sleep. I covered the crate with my jacket and left the O2 on all night. She lost her toes to the second knuckles on both feet but she perches and runs a tight ship she is five now and is a beautiful silver laced black Wyandotte.
I love my chickens and have decided to have a booth at our spring poultry swap. It should be great fun.

G’Day from down under Mary :frow Nice to meet you!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom